According to HubSpot, nearly 70% of businesses are investing in upping their content production this year. What can you do to make sure your content stands out from the rest?
The Six Key Steps
- Figure out what you want to accomplish. Goals are the key to any plan. The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) suggests outlining your goals in a formal business plan. It will also be helpful to outline what value you’re going to provide to customers with your content, as well as any possible challenges.
- Figure out your audience. Knowing who you want to reach makes it much easier to know what type of content they’ll want to engage with.
- Remember your own branding. What do you want your customers to know about you? What problems can you solve for them? How are you different from your competitors? Knowing your overarching message will help you choose the right content and tone.
- Figure out what type of content your audience will respond to. There are so many different types of content, such as blog posts, eBooks, videos, podcasts, webinars, newsletters, etc. However, not all of them will be effective for your audience. Narrow down which will hit home for them.
- Keep a schedule. You’ll need a clear plan of attack, especially if different parts of your organization will be involved in content. HubSpot recommends implementing an editorial and a social media calendar to keep track of when and where content is going out.
- Keep track of engagement. Keeping track of analytics will help you learn your content’s effectiveness. You can use what you’ve learned about what works for your audience to inform upcoming decisions and to continually make your content more effective.
Want more information on making your content marketing as effective as possible? Get in touch with us here.