We all love talking about the big sale accomplishments, the brag worthy sales. But the day-to-day is often defined, not by the amount of a sale, but by the quantity of them.
Technically, sales volume is the percent of units sold within a period of time. Companies use sales volume to see what products are selling successfully.
What are some ways to increase sales volume?
- Know your product. Do you know all the things that make your product superior to your competition? Why should a customer choose your product? What’s your elevator pitch?
- Focus on the benefits. All buyers have only one question: Does this solve my problem? They want to know that what they are receiving will benefit them and be worth the exchange of time and money.
- Sell to the right prospects. If your sales volume seems to be decreasing it may be a good time to reevaluate your target audience. It is also a good idea to get an updated a list.
- Understand your customer’s problems. What problems are your target customers trying to solve?
- Work with your marketing team. Your marketing team will be able to create content and structures to support your sales volume.
- Remember, time is money. Increasing your sales velocity or the amount of time it takes a prospect to move through your pipeline will positively impact your sales volume.
What ways have you found successful in increasing your sales volume?