Email Marketing Is Still Effective
Although “the end of email” has been announced many times in recent years, we’ve seen evidence that effective email marketing isn’t going anywhere. In fact, more than 50% of people in the US check their personal email over 10 times a day! Most people have even said that email is still their preferred way to communicate with brands.
Email Marketing is also a great way to reach a lot of people relatively cheaply. On top of that, almost everyone has an inbox. Email is still one of the most effective channels out there. How can you make the most of it?
How Can YOU Use Email Marketing?
Email Marketing can be used for many purposes. If you want to advertise a high-impact promotion, email is the best way to reach your clients. If you have an upcoming event, digital invitations are easier to send and receive than physical, especially in mass quantities. Email is the perfect channel for a newsletter. Sending a follow-up survey to a recent buyer or email opt-in couldn’t be easier. Even straightforward campaigning for new customers can and should take place via email.
Email is a great way to communicate with prospects and leads, as well as with customers with whom you already have a relationship. It’s one of the most versatile channels.
The Opt-ins Explained
Email Marketing doesn’t have to be complicated! There are many streamlined methods available to help you market more efficiently.
The first thing you need to know is that there’s multiple ways to make an email list: Single Opt-ins, Double Opt-ins, or Guaranteed Open campaigns. Using the right type of campaign can help you simplify the email marketing process. Here’s what each one means:
- Single opt-in is when an email address is added to your mailing list without the address owner confirming they’ve been opted in. This is great for a simple process for both you and the people you’re emailing. Having fewer points of contact in a campaign also lowers failure rates and increases engagement!
- Double opt-in is sometimes also called confirmed opt-in. The second opt-in is usually a confirmation link either sent to their email or included in a subscription activation page. After they confirm their email, they’re then added to your emailing list. Double opt-in is great for making sure that your email ends up in the right inbox. Even better, because the user took the time and effort to do the second opt-in, you know that they’re truly interested in what they’re opting-in to!
- Guaranteed Open is when you pay for the number of emails opened instead of for the number of emails sent. Guaranteed Open emails are sent in segments until the purchased number of opened emails is reached. Using Guaranteed Open is a very effective way to make sure that your emails reach your desired audience. They’re also great for driving traffic to your website!
You may be surprised how easy and affordable it is to connect with your prior or potential customers members with email marketing!
There are so many benefits with email marketing:
- Personalized connections with customers
- Collect feedback from your customers
- Drive sales
- Drive traffic to your website by advertising offers
- Relatively quick turnaround time
- Cost-effective and very scalable
- Build first-party data resources
- Deliver valuable content to your audience
The opportunities and possibilities are endless!
Email Marketing Trends: Personalization
Personalization is the key to reaching your customer’s heart. Using the customer’s name in the email subject line is a good first step. Beyond that you can use audience segmentation to separate your audience into groups that share common characteristics like demographics and behavioral information. Using your audience segments to alter your message in ways that will appeal to each segment will make your emails feel much more personal and interesting.
To recap, email marketing is far from dead. It’s a multi-purpose channel with several list-making methods depending on your goals, and there are more benefits than we can count. What success have you had with email marketing? If you need a boost on your next email campaign, don’t be afraid to give us a call.